Getting dumped is never a walk in the park. As a matter of fact, it ranks right up there with getting a root canal. And then there are all the grief stages that you go through...denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance. It's almost like someone died.
But if you're not ready to throw in the towel and accept the death of your relationship, maybe these few tips can help. As someone said, "nothing in this world is impossible."
There are 5 common mistakes that most people who have just been dumped make. You are going to have to avoid these missteps like the plague, if you want a chance at getting your ex-lover back. After reading this article and once you are able to avoid these killer mistakes, you'll give yourself a fighting chance to get your ex back with thoughtfulness and class. They won't know what hit them!
The 5 most common mistakes to avoid are:
1. Begging. Your ex decided to dump you for a reason and if you want another chance you must do everything possible to be attractive. Begging your ex to take you back makes you look very needy. Besides making you look very unattractive, it tends to reinforce to your ex their reasons for breaking up in the first place.
2. Harassing your ex by calling, texting, emailing or showing up uninvited. Not only does this make them appear like they are your only friend in the world...this behavior smacks of stalking. This is highly unattractive behavior and will make anyone lose interest in you quick.
3. Acting desperate. Don't promise to do whatever your ex-lover wants. And definitely don't offer to buy them any presents. Trying to buy someone's affection is definitely bad form. Sounds like a good strategy for winning them back initially, but do you really want to place yourself in this weak position? Furthermore, it makes you look like you don't have a life. A very unattractive image you have left again.
4. Being Available. Disappear. Get Lost. Vamoose. I know. You're saying but how I get back together if I don't talk to them. Well.... because breakups are notorious for being emotional cesspools, it's best that you back off... at least until you can regain your composure. Your perspective. You see?
Go hang out with your friends. Catch up with your career. Spend time with the hobbies that you love. Go see your family. Calm down and re-engage into life until the deluge of emotional turmoil subsides. If you happen to run into your ex, be polite. Keep the conversation short and say nice to see you, bye. But be polite.
This is also a good time to work on your fitness and general health. Get your rest. Eat well and recharge. Because once you begin to enjoy your life again...you're going to start to look very attractive to a lot of people. And one person will probably be your ex! So get Ready.
5. Panicking. You're already upset... and if you have committed any of the above mistakes then you'll need to compose yourself. So get yourself together, then rationally decide if you want your ex back.
The proper mindset for getting your ex back does not include: begging, acting in desperation, harassing your ex, being available or just plain losing your head, your cool, your dignity - your self-respect.
But if after calming down, getting in shape and thinking about what you want...you still want your ex back, you will at least have the right mindset. The right mindset (staying calm) is essential to approaching this endeavor in that certain way, which will more likely engender those attractive qualities that first made them fall in love with you. Who said, lightning doesn't strike twice.