Medical professionals are no god. They are humans and are susceptible to making errors. However, this cant justify some of the negligent acts and misdiagnosis committed by medical professionals. Several foreign nationals come to the USA for treatments. This is because the medical sector has moved forward with great strides in treating patients with complex medical conditions.
On several occasions injuries that have occurred at the operation table heals and pose no permanent threat to the patient. However, some injuries are severe enough to leave permanent damage to the body. As a result these injuries require legal action to bring the offenders to justice.
The presence of medical malpractice lawsuits have resulted in liability insurance from this type of injuries. As a result it is evident that you will be negotiating with the Insurance Company. There are sub-categorization of liability insurance in this sector too, they are:
1) Claims made coverage insurance - this remains applicable as long as the policy is active and requires lower premiums;
2) Prior acts and tails coverage insurance - this insurance covers the gap created when the incident occurred when the claims made coverage insurance was in force. However, the lawsuit is filed when the aforesaid insurance has become ineffective.
3) Occurrence coverage - this type of insurance remains effective even after its active period has elapsed. As a result act and tail coverage isnt required for this.
Insurance companies will try every measure to reduce the compensation amount that you have claimed. This is where a medical malpractice lawyer will come in handy. There are several types of cases:
1) Misdiagnosis and delayed diagnosis
2) Medication errors
3) Surgical errors
4) Medical procedure related errors
There are several others as the list goes on and on. The medical facility where the patient or the victim was admitted is also liable to pay compensation. This is due to the corporate responsibility of the medical facility.
Medical facilities get entangled in complex lawsuits where the attending physician or surgeon was visiting professional. In order to curb this type of negative impact a medical facility should maintain high standards for visiting professionals.
A medical facility can also engage a third party organization. In order to review the data so that statistical trends relating to areas of medical malpractice can be revealed. Increased lawsuits of this type will force professionals to move to states where insurance premium is low and lawsuits are low in frequency.
Fort Lauderdale is no exception to the curse of medical malpractice. However, the residents of this place are blessed with good and experienced Fort Lauderdale medical malpractice lawyer
Avail the comprehensive Florida Lawyer Directory
to find reputed lawyers and legal services. Law firms can register with us and reach out to numerous prospective clients.