• First and foremost, make a list of what you actually need and plan everything else accordingly
• Make a proper budget and allocate it
• Your wedding sarees should include a wide variety of different shades and colors. Bright and dark colors such as maroon, red, orange etc are the best for the traditional look.
• Besides that your trousseau should also have an array of pinks, blues, and greens along with pastel shades for a complete wardrobe
• Make sure that your trousseau has both light weight as well as heavy dresses like sarees, suits, lehngas etc. They can be embroidered with zardozi, aari, dabka, sequins, beads and more on fabrics like crepe, satin, silk, georgette and chiffon
• Everyone knows that traditional sarees are evergreen and never go out of fashion. So, do include them in your wardrobe to look like an evergreen beauty
• And of course! Do buy some sexy and elegant blouses and co-ordinate them with flowing crepes, georgettes and chiffons
• As you will be expected to attend a lot of parties and dinners after the wedding so make sure that your outfits should be a combination of the glitzy and the fashionable
• Jewellery-wise, Diamonds are the order of the day. Besides that Kundan, minakari, and jadau are also in rage. These days, brides find it a "waste" to spend lavishly on that one wedding; they feel that jewellery would hardly be used after the ceremony.
With the changing times, trousseaus also have undergone a great change. Conventional sarees and salwar suits are giving way to indo-western and other kinds of dresses. Most fashion designers or boutique owners, who take orders for the entire trousseau, ensure that they give their customers a number of mix 'n' match outfits, such as kurtis that team up with a ghagra, trousers, or even a capri. As accessories are an important part of the ensemble these days, these dresses are matched with stoles, scarves, sequinned and embroidered handbags, and shoes.
Things that make a beautiful dress look all the more beautiful are definitely jewelry, bags, shoes etc. Nice bags, beautiful shoes and contemporary jewelry can make any Indian bride look like an angel. But this does not mean that you deck yourself up with these things. A bride looks elegant in minimal jewelry and decent make-up. Heavy jewelry should only be worn with traditional Indian dresses. Similarly, your trousseau should not include only the gaudy bags and shoes, in fact, there should be a mix of different kinds of sandals. These can be stilettos, flats, wedges, juttis etc. Having all types of sandals will help you in synchronizing right kind of footwear and dresses. And for bags, besides the basic colors which are black, brown and white, your trousseau should also include bright color bags like red, pink and golden. These can be clutches or purses depending on the type of dress you are carrying them with.
Most of the newly-wed Indian brides tend to abuse their make-up kits instead of using them. Make-up should be done in such a manner that it looks elegant and pleasing to eyes. It should just enhance your facial features. So, your make-up kit should include shades of pinks, reds and browns, these basic colors not only make you look beautiful but also give you that perfect newly-wed bride look. Day-time make should obviously be light, so use shades of pink and browns and night you can experiment with dark and bright make-up and if you are fair complexioned nothing would look better than red.
Make sure that you follow these tips to look the most beautiful Indian bride.
Sukhpreet Kaur writes on behalf of Jeevansathi.com, which is India’s fastest growing matrimonial website, provides online Indian matrimonial classified services. Jeevansathi.com enables users to create amatrimony profile on the website and allow prospective grooms and brides to contact each other. Users can search for profiles through advanced search options on the website. Users can avail free registration and make initial contact with each other through services available on Jeevansathi.com via Chat, SMS, and e-mail