Before we go about finding which are the best baby shower games for you to choose from, let me tell you a secret and sneaky way to save time and money for your new baby`s arrival.
Unique best baby shower gift you can give and receive.
As a rule folks who have been invited along to a baby shower normally come bearing gifts, well this still stands in your case, only in a different way. Instead, ask the people to donate decorating items. Yes you heard right. Items like paint, wall paper, curtains, bed covers, rugs, lampshade and other baby bits and pieces that make up a nursery. These items you should have listed down and, when your guest makes their contribution, mark it off the list. It doesn`t end here, the fun is just about to begin. Each person unbeknown to them will have the task of initiating or adding their own item (gift) themselves to baby`s room, e.g. he who brings the paint "paints the wall," and them that bring the drapes should "hang them," and so on. By doing this baby`s nursery will be perfectly decorated in the colours of your choice (which you will have listed at the start) and furnished at no cost to you. I say perfect because these people will most definitely take extra care in assuring you and your baby has the best. It is good for everyone to muck in because, not everyone is a master of the paint brush etc.
Now back to choosing the best baby shower games for you and your guests. Games have always been the most memorable part of any baby shower, so all the more the reason to select the best fun ones to make this an occasion even more memorable. Choosing games to play can be irritating because of the vast choices to pick from. You need to be selecting games that your guests will not lose interest easily. Whether you`re looking for an activity to allow your guests to get to know each other, or just wanting to have a "fun- tastic" time then not to worry because what you desire is out there.
1. Guess the Mother's Tummy Size - One of the best baby shower games is to ask the guests to guess the size of the expectant mummy`s tummy. Items needed for play are yarn/wool and a pair of scissors. Each party guest snips off a piece of yarn that she thinks will fit around the mother's waist. Rule: No cheating by tying the wool around you to help with estimation. Once everyone has had their turn, the mother-to-be sizes up each piece of string around her tummy and the closest to her waist size wins the game.
2. Baby Food Guessing Game - Remove the labels of jars of baby food after numbering the lids. Make a list of the contents of each jar. All participants are asked to taste the food and guess what is contained in the jars. Players have to write down the number from the jar and what they think is in it. If you do not want to taste the food then guess what is in each jar by looking or sniffing it. The person with the most correct guesses wins the game.
3. Baby Sketch Game - Give a pen and paper to each guest. Have them draw a picture of a baby. Mom-to-be will judge which picture she likes best resulting in the winner.
4. Funny Mommy Quiz - Is one of the most popular of all best baby shower games which includes compiling a list of 20 or less questions about the future mum, of which guests will have to answer to see who knows her the most. The guest with the most correct answers wins.
Does she want a boy, girl or either?
What is her eye color?
Which nursery did she attend?
Has she had any food cravings, if so what?
What is her favorite movie?
What was her favorite cartoon character as a child?
Did she have any unusual pets and what were their names this will get you extra points?
5. Not To Utter The Word Baby - Give everyone in attendance of the baby shower a diaper pin, and ask them to pin it on their blouse/dress. Tell them they must not utter the word "baby" for the length of time the shower lasts. It is better to set a time limit for this game so that people can relax afterwards. If at any time in-between the allotted time, if a person mentions the word "baby", the first guest who catches them saying it gets to have their diaper pin. Whoever has the most pins at the end of the "not to utter" game wins.
6. The Baby Name Game - Is another all time favorite baby shower game. It`s fun, it`s exciting and most definitely very interesting. It can also be helpful for mom-to-be in naming her new born baby. Simply gather together paper, writing tools, and your friends, set a timer for a minute or two, and see who can come up with the most names in that specific time limit. Whoever has the most complete names when the timer goes off wins? Perhaps the mother would like the name to start with a certain letter of the alphabet (or maybe of the baby`s name she already has in mind for her baby daughter or baby son.) It's your baby shower, so it`s also your choice in what games you play.
7. Baby Handbag Rummage - Lastly, we have the shower game that all your guests can join in with. Ask everyone to look through their handbag and make a list of the entire baby or child related items she finds inside. Remember that some adult products in your purse can relate to babies and children. Tell the guest to be clever in their way of connecting their personal items to youngsters. Other moms and single friends will have a great time seeing the items pulled out of each other`s bag. Each one must give an explanation of why they have those items! Once all of the lists have been tallied and items have been checked, award the winning baby shower guest with a door prize or shower favor.
Best baby shower games come in abundance. If the above are not the type or sort of games you have in mind then not to panic because below you will find a much varied list of fun time humor and shower games for your occasion. Be happy, have fun and laugh because when baby arrives there won`t be much time for you to do these things. Nevertheless this is all compensated when you have a healthy bouncing baby in your arms.