Most men have absolutely no idea what to do when they see a woman that they like. This is especially so if the woman is centred around a group of friends. Do you simply stare at her and watch other guys talk to her? Do you just turn and walk off, brushing this whole affair as a dream? Do you think too much about what to say, and in the end, you have no idea what to say?
Here are the top 5 tips to approach a woman.
1. Smile. There is no doubt about it. A smile breaks all barriers and it shows how friendly you are. A smile also brings forth the idea that you would like to know her. Be sincere in your smile though. And please don't give the sinister-looking smile that suggest that you are up to no good.
2. Listen. Pay attention to what she is saying. Women love guys who pay absolute attention to them. So be sure to give them all the attention that you can. Having said that, if you realise that the woman is not your cup of tea after all, kindly excuse yourself. You do not want to pretend to be interested in her and then giving her the wrong idea after that.
3. Maintain eye contact. It is always polite to keep eye contact with the person you are talking to, even if that person is a family member, friend or colleague. Same goes here. There is a chinese saying, "The eyes are the windows to a person's heart." It takes a little time to do this. If you are the typically shy person and do not have the courage to look into her eyes, what you can do is to look at the spot between the eyes, at the forehead. It will SEEM as if you are looking at the woman in her eyes.
4. Positive body language. Look confident and approach her with a smile. Stand with a good posture, which means no hunching, chest out and stomach in. And when you are talking to her, do not get too close to her. Each of us has a personal space and you do not want to enter it without her permission. Then again, standing too far might make her think that you are not really interested after all. So play by the ear and make the judgment yourself.
5. Genuine compliment. Observe anything about her and make a sincere compliment on it. It could be her dress, her hairstyle, her necklace, her skin complexion, anything. Just make sure it comes from your heart. Women love to hear good things about themselves, so be sure you are hiting the right note from day one.
George is the owner of AskGeorgeYeo.com, a Q-&-A-based information portal. You can find more tips on how to date a girl. Feel free to drop by and post questions or add a link back to your own site.